Thursday, July 27, 2006

Mother


My mother died ten years ago today, and I would like to dedicate Kali to her. Though not what I would exactly call a feminist, she had some radical opinions on men, marriage and relationships. Married and divorced twice by 1973, both of her instigation--an unusual accomplishment for a woman of her generation, after which at 38 she remained by her choice ‘single‘. She gave me some useful advice over the years, but the one that has stuck the strongest, is that you do not hang around in a relationship that is not working…get the hell out. Cheers mother x

3 Comments:

Blogger sparklematrix said...

Thanks Sarah Louise, it just seems a shame that she died prematurely, but then I feel a bit maudling today. You're right about her spirit,I used to stand a lot of shit off men, but not any more!
Sparkle*

7:33 pm  
Blogger spotted elephant said...

"Anniversaries" of losing someone are very hard. I second what SLP said-you seem to have inherited your mother's fight.

9:44 pm  
Blogger sparklematrix said...

Ahh thanks Spotted E. Yes I am a feisty little moo at times. :)

5:06 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home